Thursday, July 30, 2020

Spotlight/Q&A with Trish Adora



Trish Adora Spent eight years in the United States Amry before starting her career as a professional wrestler. She started wrestling in 2016 and since then she has made a huge impact on the independent pro wrestling. She has wrestled all over the world. Including making an appearance in NXT in a match versus Kairi Sane. Trish trained at Team 3D Academy. Back on February 16, 2020, at F1ght Club Pro Wrestling Trish Adora became the first-ever (current) Pan Afrikan World Diaspora Wrestling Champion.



Q&A with Trish Adora

1. When you became the PAWDWC Champion, how did that moment feel?

I can’t even explain it to you, it was literally unreal!! I felt throughout the night, throughout the tournament, the energy of the entire crowd. I could feel them getting behind me and getting louder during my opening match with Eel O’Neal. Throughout my match with O’Shay Edwards, they got louder and louder… it was nearly deafening… but I could still hear every chant. My heart was beating so fast, time was whizzing by and by the time I hit Darius Lockhart with Lariat Tubman, I could barely hear the referee counting.  AND THEN THE ROOF CAME OFF THAT PLACE! The reaction from that crowd once I won the title is something I will never forget. I’m honored to have been able to share such a career-defining moment with the locker room and my city that evening. And you all should definitely be on the lookout for F1ght Club Pro Wrestling in the future. 

2. I remember you having a match with Kairi Sane in NXT back in 2018, how did that opportunity come up?

It’s really funny because it somewhat happened out of the blue. The entire day was very chill and I’ll always remember her being extremely kind to me and giving me very nice compliments… then she gave me an InSane Elbow so hard I swore it went through me! It was a pretty cool opportunity and I’m thankful to have had it.

3. Last time you were in MCW, you had pinned the women’s champion, Gia Scott, are there any plans on challenging her for the title?

I did pin the MCW Women’s Champion Gia Scott and I absolutely planned to challenge her for the Women’s title, but of course, with the state of the world, I won’t be able to do that for a while. That’s extremely unfortunate, but I respect Gia a lot and I know that one day we’ll get to lock up 1-on-1 again. In the meantime, I do have my 2nd Pan Afrikan World Diaspora defense against Timmy Lou Retton on August 15th for F1ght Club, so you’ll have to keep an eye out for that.

4. During this pandemic, what have you been doing in order to get yourself ready for wrestling?

Since a few of the local gyms and my Capoeira studio are both closed, I’ve focused my efforts more on what I can mostly control still, my food intake. I just got my first piece of home workout equipment, so I’m excited to sculpt up while at home. And I’ve been keeping my mind sharp by studying some matches from different eras and soaking up as much as I can. I’m super thankful for IWTV’s streaming service for getting me through this whole pandemic!

5. As a professional wrestler, you are idolized by many. How does it feel to be looked up to by so many fans?

That’s really nice of you to say. I don’t know if I would say ‘Idolized’, but I appreciate all of the love, I really do! I’m very shy and introverted by nature, so lots of praise and attention is still a foreign feeling, but I’m getting used to it….somewhat, haha. But I strive to lead by example professionally and set the tone for my peers and fans alike. 

6. You are in the main event of WrestleMania, who would you want your opponent to be?

My mother because honestly, she could use the check and I could use the rub.

7. What are some hobbies you enjoy that are non-wrestling related?

I have such a loaded bag outside of wrestling! A FEW of my non-wrestling hobbies includes modeling, Capoeira, cooking, reading, writing, playing video games, and drawing.  The key to me deciding which hobbies to give my time to, is basically whether they’ll enhance my wrestling career in some way, or help me destress and keep my anxiety in check. God bless them if they can do both!

8. Who is your favorite current WWE wrestler?

My favorite current WWE wrestler is the woman who deserves better and much more, Naomi. We all KNOW that she is a top tier performer in the ring. In-ring performance is something that is stated but almost overstated as what’s necessary to ‘make it’ in the business, up to the highest level. But it is important to acknowledge in the social media age, that how you conduct yourself outside of the ring is just as important. Poise, Grace, especially under UNNECESSARY fire, and being well respected by your peers is why Naomi is so unsung in my opinion. I look at her… and adjust my crown a bit. 

9. After your in-ring career, do you have any plans on starting your own promotion?

Post-in-ring career, there are a lot of things I am interested in parlaying my wrestling knowledge into. But as far as a promotion goes, I’ve seen Jonny Xross (PAWDWC founder) go through a lot with starting a promotion from the ground up and it was quite strenuous. Maybe being a trainer at a wrestling school would be more my speed. But who knows? I’ll follow the universe wherever she takes me.

10. What is your favorite part about being a professional wrestler?

My favorite part about being a professional wrestler is honestly… that satisfying feeling of seeing something through. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little girl and I honestly can’t believe some days that a shy girl like me actually packed up her things in Washington, DC, moved to Florida, and trained for years all over the world! To know I was strong enough to see my dreams through all the way to what feels like the Pinnacle, yet just the beginning, is mind-blowing! I've got so much more to give.

It is honestly such a crazy feeling! I’m grateful for every single day. Thank you for the interview. 



No comments:

Post a Comment