Friday, November 6, 2020

Spotlight/Q&A with The W.O.A.D

Double D Rose aka The W.O.A.D has been one of the sweetest and most inspiring wrestles that I have ever encountered since I've started O-Face Wrestling. She has had a disadvantage as a wrestler because of her missing an eye. She hasn't let that hold her back one bit and has so far had a very successful career as a professional wrestler. She strives to motivate and inspire others to go for their goals and to not let anyone tell them no just because they are different.

1. What got you into wrestling and what made you decide to become a professional wrestler?

Growing up with 16 siblings, wrestling was always a huge factor in my life. What got me into it was the first time I saw it; Randy Savage doing his classic elbow drop took my breath away and I was hooked ever since.

2.What did you find was the most difficult part about training? 

Learning to keep my eye on my opponents at all times. Not being able to use my left side at all really made me improvise on keeping them in my sight.

3. What was the best piece of advice you were given upon becoming a professional wrestler?

“You can’t do it”- from everybody

4. What are some of your hobbies and interests outside of professional wrestling? 

I love to stea- I mean “work” with dogs! I just love love love steali- “working” with animals. I even use to work at the zoo before they “allegedly” caught me trying to steal a baby panda.

5. Who is your all-time favorite wrestler and why? 

Myself. Why? Because there’s no one else like me and I hope to inspire generations upon generations just like me.


6. How do you generally prepare for your matches? 

I put on some Megan Thee Stallion (or whatever music I’m feeling- mostly Megan) and I whisper to the WOAD, “It’s showtime!”

7. What is one thing you wish fans knew/understood about professional wrestling that they may not know? 

Respect us and what we do. Respect and understand boundaries.

8. What wrestler would you love to have a match with that you haven’t already done so?

EVERYONE! Mainly Kong (Aja & Awesome), Rikishi, Jessika Havok, Jazz, Jacqueline- literally EVERYBODY! Anybody can get these Bunz!

9. Favorite thing about being a professional wrestler? 

I get to show the world what a 1 Eyed Thick Thighed Weapon REALLY is.

10. What is your ultimate goal as a professional wrestler? 

To make history, to leave my mark, to inspire more people like me, and to make the WOAD brand a worldwide conglomerate.



1 comment: